+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey Star Garrison

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    maelstrom Guest

Hey All,

My name is Patrick Ireland and I'm a 32 y/o veteran of the US Army (11B2O/62W2O). Ive been into star wars since my dad took me to the initial release of ROTJ in theaters. I currently live in Denton, TX and am a Senior at UNT. I'm looking forward to becoming involved in Star Garrison and the 501st. I would really like to get in contact with someone in my area, who can answer so of my questions. The reason is that most of my questions concerning costuming are of a functional nature, and are easier IMO to explain in a face to face meeting. Ive done some research and have spent many hours pouring over the different forums and advice, so I have somewhat of an idea of what I would like, but personal experience input would make a huge difference. Ive already joined the facebook page(Patrick Ireland). I look forward to trooping with you all.

Sincerely,

Patrick Ireland
    maelstrom2280@yahoo.com
    (940)222-7149

TKID

Welcome Patrick!
    Brian Earles TK-5240
    VMF/TD

TKID

Welcome!

What type are you intersted in?

I can help in a limited sort of way, Tim Bell and Jeff Brownlee are out local Armor builders, so they can help in that area.
    ID/IC/TI-7647

maelstrom Guest

Either the TX/TK set or the TB, the functional differences etc and the experience of wearing it things to know stuff like that.

TKID

I have a TB & a TS for my official trooping and a fem-TK for the unofficial stuff. I really like the flexabilty that the soft parts give me. I didn't realize how just how limited the movement was in a TK until I got the full set of armor but....with that being said, my armor was too long for me....I'm short.
    Kameron Earles
    Kameronearles@aol.com
    972-322-1796

maelstrom Guest

So Ive narrowed it down. For my long term project I will be going with a TB build. For my short term project Im looking to make a TR ROTJ. My wife, thank my lucky stars, is an excellent seamstress and works at Joann's Fabric to boot so I will be getting the discount for the cloth I need for the creation of the soft parts. Having trouble locating a bucket for my ROTJ/TR build. Any suggestions?
    Found this link: http://www.amazon.com/Rubies-Costume...s+helmet+guard
    however I cant get clear answer if it within 501st standard, or whether or not I will need to replace the visor. From what I read on forcepike.net It seems that some say its good some say its bad. IF it is just the visor how easy will that be to replace, given i have 0 experience with making and crafting stuff?
    ***edit***
    and if it qualifies for ROTJ build or not.

***Edit #2***
    Decided after going to my first troop at the air park today that I will make the TB my primary. Thanks everybody for your help!
    Last edited by maelstrom; 09-29-2012 at 12:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information