Thread: Hi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    TKID

Hi yall,
    I am new to the garrison and looking for some communication with members as I am building my TK set prior to joining up. I am fairly surprised that there is nothing here at all for a new recruit to check out or have some type of communication with garrison members prior to actually completing a costume. I am currently residing in Florida and have been signed up on thier garrison boards for a while but am moving to Texas in June so figured I would start getting to know people here ahead of time via the boards. From what I see though, there arent really any boards that I can see where I can do that. So, I will check things out here on occasion and will stick with the Florida boards. I would even throw a suggestion to the administrators and garrisonn leaders to check out the Florida boards to see how they are set up even for non 501st members to have interaction with members prior to completeing a costume and for help while putting a costume together. Sorry if this post is overstepping any lines, I am not trying to upset anyone. I am just surprised at the lack of a place to introduce and start getting to know and get involved with things. Feel free to contact me on this post by replying or pming me or email me at DarthVa101 @aol.com.

TKID

If you have any questions or concerns about your armor, just ask. We all will be more than willing to give you our imput or opinons.

As far as the boards go....well, upgrades cost money and there are always problems when you upgrade. (The admin guys can chime in more on that if they choose.) Anytime we have a new recruit we try to point them in the direction of boards set up or specifically built to help with that particular costume. For example, www.whitearmor.net is set up for Stormtroopers, so if someone signs up on our boards & states they are going to do a TK we tell them to look there for the most help. They have had forums set up for years with these type of discussions & they already have the answers there to most questions so it just seems redundant to have an area here.

I hope that helps a little.....
    Kameron Earles
    Kameronearles@aol.com
    972-322-1796

TKID

Hi Darthva101! What part of Texas are you moving to? If we know what squad you will fall under, then normally the new member contacts the squad leader of that area and that way they can get in touch with local members to meet & greet and (when time permissable) can attend a local armor "mod" party, to work on costumes, upgrade, etc.

Let us know where you will be located once you move to Texas.

Great to meet you!

Bob

Bob Henley
    Dallas, TX
    garrisonpropagandist@yahoo.com

TKID

Thanks for the welcome and I am sorry if I started off on the wrong foot. I understand the cost of forums and all and I had just finished working on a wonderful paper I had to write for school so I wasnt in the best of moods when I posted.

I have been all over the whitearmor.net and reading up on the FISD boards as well as a few other boards and sites. Lots of good stuff out there for resources. I will definately have questions as I go though I am sure.

Redcanine, I will be moving to the Dallas area in mid June. Not 100% sure what part of Dallas area yet as I havent got housing set up yet. I actually fly out there this week on Thursday to spend the weekend looking at houses. The way it looks, we are exploring things in the Keller area. I am sure once I get out there and get set up, I will be wanting to get to at least 1 armor party to get some hands on help setting things up with my suit.

Anyway, look forward to getting involved with yall once I get set. Thanks again.

TKID

I will be your squad leader & my husband is the CO. We live in the Dallas area but we will be going out of town this weekend. If you will be here all weekend we have an event on Saturday that you could probably swing by & meet several people. It's a big event, we will have about 10 troops at it.
    Kameron Earles
    Kameronearles@aol.com
    972-322-1796

TKID

I would love to swing by if I have time but not sure I will be able to since I will be house hunting as the goal of my trip. I pretty much have to line up living quarters this weekend. If I do have time though I will make an attempt to swing by. Is this the event that is at Texas Motor Speedway ?

DarthVa101
    (soon to be TK 3199)

PS - Got a big box full of white plastic on my doorstep this afternoon !! WOO HOO !! Sadly though, it will be sitting inside the box until sometime next week since I fly out to Dallas Thursday and back here to Florida on Monday. After that though, the real fun begins.

Thread Information