PDA

View Full Version : What's up everyone!

Unregistered
01-13-2014, 07:17 PM
My name is Chris. I am 26 years old and have recently moved near Austin TX. I am a veteran of the U.S. Army and have been deployed twice for a total time of 26 months. I am originally from NJ and left there last February to come to Texas. I love Star Wars (if that wasn't obvious) and I have decided to kick my love of the Star Wars world in to a new gear.

I have been looking for a Shadow trooper kit for about a week now with all my leads leading to dead ends and listings that have long been sold or deleted. I have no idea where is to look. Is there a way that someone could point me in the right direction in to finding a kit somewhere? Last time i felt this lost was my first ever week in Land Navigation course.

Any help is appreciated and I look forward to being part of this group. No matter how long it will take me.

Thanks guys and gals!

Geronika
01-14-2014, 06:32 AM
Hi Chris. First of all thank you for your service to our country. Check out the FISD website: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

You will find many threads about building armor there plus under the "getting started" area there are people you can contact that make the kit. (You are not going to find too many places that advertise their price and availability openly.) When I was looking for my TK I found the black readily available and a waiting list for white. I don't know what the wait is now though. As far as putting one together, even if you have little skills it's not that hard, just a little time consuming. Plus the armor is made to fit you. Central Texas squad members can help you assemble. Armor party!

Good luck and keep us updated and don't hesitate to ask.

TrooperTim
01-14-2014, 09:07 PM
There's a Facebook group for new recruits in the Austin area as well. Our Central TX Squad is very active and an awesome group of people. As Dennis posted, check out the FISD forums; register and post a thread to introduce yourself. 501st detachment forums are huge resources and manuals on how to buy, assemble, and wear your costume.

Shadow Troopers fall under the Spec Ops Detachment http://www.501stspecopsdet.net/ and there may be a different listing of sellers on that website; haven't checked though. Definitely check out FISD as well. Some sellers on that list will pull their kits from different color plastics (white, black, and red). The same build techniques apply for any Stormtrooper, and FISD has tutorials and forums second to none (although I'm biased with that remark).

Thanks for serving our country and hope to see you join our garrison in the future.