PDA

View Full Version : Hey Star Garrison

maelstrom
09-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Hey All,

My name is Patrick Ireland and I'm a 32 y/o veteran of the US Army (11B2O/62W2O). Ive been into star wars since my dad took me to the initial release of ROTJ in theaters. I currently live in Denton, TX and am a Senior at UNT. I'm looking forward to becoming involved in Star Garrison and the 501st. I would really like to get in contact with someone in my area, who can answer so of my questions. The reason is that most of my questions concerning costuming are of a functional nature, and are easier IMO to explain in a face to face meeting. Ive done some research and have spent many hours pouring over the different forums and advice, so I have somewhat of an idea of what I would like, but personal experience input would make a huge difference. Ive already joined the facebook page(Patrick Ireland). I look forward to trooping with you all.

Sincerely,

Patrick Ireland
maelstrom2280@yahoo.com
(940)222-7149

sithpigg
09-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Welcome Patrick!

Roon
09-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Welcome!

What type are you intersted in?

I can help in a limited sort of way, Tim Bell and Jeff Brownlee are out local Armor builders, so they can help in that area.

maelstrom
09-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Either the TX/TK set or the TB, the functional differences etc and the experience of wearing it things to know stuff like that.

Daala Girl
09-28-2012, 09:34 AM
I have a TB & a TS for my official trooping and a fem-TK for the unofficial stuff. I really like the flexabilty that the soft parts give me. I didn't realize how just how limited the movement was in a TK until I got the full set of armor but....with that being said, my armor was too long for me....I'm short.

maelstrom
09-28-2012, 08:43 PM
So Ive narrowed it down. For my long term project I will be going with a TB build. For my short term project Im looking to make a TR ROTJ. My wife, thank my lucky stars, is an excellent seamstress and works at Joann's Fabric to boot so I will be getting the discount for the cloth I need for the creation of the soft parts. Having trouble locating a bucket for my ROTJ/TR build. Any suggestions?
Found this link: http://www.amazon.com/Rubies-Costume-Co-Supreme-Imperial/dp/B005N516AA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346601706&sr=8-1&keywords=rubie%27s+helmet+guard
however I cant get clear answer if it within 501st standard, or whether or not I will need to replace the visor. From what I read on forcepike.net It seems that some say its good some say its bad. IF it is just the visor how easy will that be to replace, given i have 0 experience with making and crafting stuff?
***edit***
and if it qualifies for ROTJ build or not.

***Edit #2***
Decided after going to my first troop at the air park today that I will make the TB my primary. Thanks everybody for your help!

locokarma
10-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the Garrison!
I also have a Bikerscout and really enjoy the flexibility of this costume, visibility and the ability to sit down!
For your TB needs... may I suggest heading over to the Pathfinders forum? Lots of helpful information.
www.bikerscout.net

eagle eye
10-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Hey Patrick, it was good seeing you at the Hemo walk. Good luck on the TB armor. If you need any help there are plenty of people here to help, myself included.

griffinx1
10-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Welcome to the party Patrick! If you need any help, hit me up. Agree with Tracy...the Biker Scout is a great costume.