PDA

View Full Version : Quick Reply issue?

Aideon
06-04-2011, 02:54 PM
So, Faber...

When I put together a quick reply, it fails to post what I've written about 30% of the time and I lose everything I've written. When it's something lengthy, it sucks. Is this something we could look at fixing?

Arca
06-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Sure,
Can you please provide me with a little more detail though?
I haven't lost a post yet. I have seen times when the website didn't come up, so it may be a hosting issue though (which means I cannot fix it beyond getting a different host).
Details I certainly will need:
1) Browser used
2) Version
3) OS
4) time of day...not near as important, but I want to track if there is a pattern

I am using Firefox and haven't seen this issue after I addressed it a couple of weeks ago. There was a blank file that apparently shows up after every upgrade, and that file has to be deleted to not cause this particular issue. However, maybe there is a different reason for why you are seeing this one.

In the service of the Empire...

Arca
06-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Oh, and posted with QR... ;0)

Aideon
06-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Sure thing:

1) Firefox 4.0.1
3) Windows 7 Ultimate
4) The last time it happened, it was mid-morning, but it's also occurred for me late evening (09:00-ish and 23:00-ish)

ETA: It's usually longer posts that I write. Not something that takes an hour to write, but in the neighborhood of about 10 minutes or so.

Arca
06-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Ok, thank you.

If anyone else sees this issue as well, could you please post a "me too" message? Sorry if it spams, but while I do some testing, I would like to see if this is a prevalent issue. Thank you.

Daala Girl
06-06-2011, 10:15 PM
The only issue I ever seem to have is if I'm typing a longer post I get kicked out of the forum & have to re-log in. It will post the message but then I lose all the "new posts" I haven't seen.

Arca
06-07-2011, 11:32 AM
So far I was unable to reproduce this issue, so I was wondering the exact same thing. If Jason was hitting the time out timer. I will check in the settings and see how long it is set for.

Arca
06-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Ok, so I changed the time out timer.
It was set to 15 minutes, and I upped that to 1 hour. If the desire is for more than that, let me know.

Aideon
06-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks, Jer. Honestly, if it takes someone longer than an hour to write a post, it's probably a tl:dr.