PDA

View Full Version : Greetings(again)

DarthVa101
05-19-2011, 03:30 AM
Hey all, I have not posted here in a while as I have been busy. I am still in a stalled spot on getting my armor completed so I can join up officially. I am guessing that some of you will likely be at Dallas Comic Con this weekend so was hoping that perhaps I will run into some of you there. I also noticed that there is an armor party on the events calender for June 4th and was wondering if this is something that I would be able to attend if I am not working that day ? If so, can someone please help me out with getting some more information on this ? I can be emailed at DarthVa101@aol.com and I can share my cell # via email. Thanks and even though I have said this before, I am still looking forward to meeting some of you and getting my armor done to be able to troop with you all eventually as well.

~Tate

TK6294
05-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Hey all, I have not posted here in a while as I have been busy. I am still in a stalled spot on getting my armor completed so I can join up officially. I am guessing that some of you will likely be at Dallas Comic Con this weekend so was hoping that perhaps I will run into some of you there. I also noticed that there is an armor party on the events calender for June 4th and was wondering if this is something that I would be able to attend if I am not working that day ? If so, can someone please help me out with getting some more information on this ? I can be emailed at DarthVa101@aol.com and I can share my cell # via email. Thanks and even though I have said this before, I am still looking forward to meeting some of you and getting my armor done to be able to troop with you all eventually as well.

~Tate

Tate,
I will be at Comic con on Saturday. I will be in the Red TK (Magmatrooper). We are planning a dinner that night and you are welcome to join us. Jest let me know and I will add you to the list. We have not pinned down a time or place yet.

You are also welcome to come to the armor party. Armor parties are perfect for recruits. Here is the information. Let me know if your will be attending.

Armor Party
June 4, 2011
1:00 PM until the Queen of the manor declares it's done! "Off with their heads!"
Phil Grubenhoff, SL-9172
2306 Welch Place
Mansfield, Texas
817-453-9363

Please RSVP. BYOB and something to throw on the grill if so inclined.

The mandos will be invited as well. I have an airbrush. If you want some weathering done on your armor bring some model paint from Hobby Lobby or similar and I'll be happy to spray for you or teach you how.

DarthVa101
05-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the reply and info Jim. I remember emailing with you a few times last year when I was just getting out here to Texas from Florida. I will look for you Saturday afternoon. I am volunteering with Official Pix so I will be working somewhere there on Saturday till 230 ish and all day Sunday. As for dinner on Saturday, I think it would be a good chance to meet and get to know some people so please add me to the list and I will let ya know if anything changes that I would not be able to make it. For the armor party, I can not say for sure yet as I have to check with work for the day off but will let yall know as soon as I can. Thanks again and I will see ya on Saturday.

~Tate

Daala Girl
05-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Glad to hear from you again Tate! I have to work so I will not be there on Saturday & I'm still up in the air on the armor party.

What are you still needing to complete your armor?

DarthVa101
05-20-2011, 12:58 PM
For my armor, I have a set of ATA. I have gotten to a point where I am "stuck" and "scared" to attempt what needs to be done without a bit of hands on help. I need to get my clamshell parts put together(thighs, shins, forearms, biceps) and fitted properly. I will likely need to add some shims to my thighs and probably some extra material on the side of my ab plate to close the gap between the ab and back/kidney plates. Other than that, I think I just need to paint and do some touch up/proper fitting work. Oh, and my thermal detonator. I think it should go fairly quickly to get completed once I get going with it, just havent felt comfortable to do it on my own without possibly doing it wrong or causing some damage.

DarthVa101
05-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Just want to say thanks again for the invite to join some of you at dinner Saturday after Dallas Comic Con. I had a good time and enjoyed meeting and chatting with those of you that were there. Thank you for making me feel welcome and a part of the group even though we had just met. If today was any indication of what to expect in the future with you all here in the Star Garrison, then I highly look forward to meeting more of you and finally getting my armor done to be able to troop with you all soon as a full 501st member. Thanks again.

~Tate

TK6294
05-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Just want to say thanks again for the invite to join some of you at dinner Saturday after Dallas Comic Con. I had a good time and enjoyed meeting and chatting with those of you that were there. Thank you for making me feel welcome and a part of the group even though we had just met. If today was any indication of what to expect in the future with you all here in the Star Garrison, then I highly look forward to meeting more of you and finally getting my armor done to be able to troop with you all soon as a full 501st member. Thanks again.

~Tate

Tate,
It was pleasure to hang out with you. Just let us know how we can be of service. I am going to work on the forum access issues like we discussed. In the meantime here are some emails of people who can help with armor and membership.

Jim Sauter (me): Familyjim72@yahoo.com
Jason Davis (recruitment officer that you met yesterday):knash44@yahoo.com
Tim Bell (ATA expert and centurion level TK):timunky1@yahoo.com
Thomas Newcomb (PR officer and TK expert):giric_thren@hotmail.com
Clint Gilbert (TK Expert): clintgilbert2@gmail.com
Kameron Earles (NTX squad leader): kameronearles@aol.com
Phil Grubenhoff (Host of 6/4/11 armor party and Vader at Comic con): pm.grubenhoff@att.net

DarthVa101
05-25-2011, 12:40 AM
Just a quick update, it currently looks like I will end up having to work on 6/4 and will not get to make the armor party. It is graduation weekend so a number of people have asked off for graduations already so I will probably have to work. So, I figure I will put out a feeler to see if I were to host an armor party, what would be a good date that would work for people to be able to attend. I was thinking perhaps June 18th. I see there is an event showing on the calender that day from 10am-noon. What is the chance of having an armor party after that ? The next possible dates that I would look at would be in July, either the 9th or 16th. Again, the calender that I see shows the Taste of Dallas event on the 9th so not sure if that would work or not for yall. Anyway, I am still holding out hope that I can end up having off to attend on 6/4 but wanted to put a feeler out anyway. Thanks and please let me know what yall think would work as a date if I were to host.

~Tate

TK6294
05-25-2011, 11:09 PM
I hope things work out so you can make in on the 4th. I think it is unlikely that we will have another armor party that soon but anything is possible. However, that does not mean you can post a request for help. Also, it might help you out a lot to come to a event and see some examples of how other troopers have put things together. You could bring your armor and we can spend time after the event giving you some tips.

DarthVa101
05-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Another update.....got my schedule for next week and I am working on 6/4 but only a short evening shift starting at 5pm. So, I am going to plan to come out for the armor party arriving around 1pm. Not sure how long they usually go to, but I will be needing to head out by 330pm to be sure I get home in time to head to work. I am sure I will have a couple questions last minute but please put my name on the list of those planning to attend. Thanks again and I will see you there.

~Tate

Daala Girl
05-27-2011, 10:03 AM
It's good to hear you will be able to make it Tate! You will have lots of help getting those scary parts done....we have all been there before! :)

Don't forget to bring your power tools, an extention cord (if you have one) & other things you need to get your armor done. Everyone is bringing what they have so someone might have a better tool for the job but you will need your own tools as well.

DarthVa101
06-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Hope to see some of yall tomorrow at the armor party. I am shooting to get there around 1:00pm and since I have to work at 5pm, I will have to plan to head out around 3:30pm or so. If there is anything last minute that is needed for me to bring, please let me know. I can be reached via email at DarthVa101@aol.com. Thanks again and see you there.

~Tate