PDA

View Full Version : New TB in the works

TimB
10-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Hello all,

Just thought I'd drop in and introduce myself to my soon-to-be garrison mates. I'm currently building a Biker Scout costume which has been a dream of mine since I was 7 years old and first saw Return of the Jedi.

A little bit about me:
I'm 35 years old and I'm in Arlington, TX going to school at UTA. I've wanted to be a Scout Trooper since I first saw the fan film TROOPS some 13 or so years ago (In fact I had to download it on a 14.4 modem and it took dang near all night). Well now is my time and I'm getting it done. I have 3 daughters and a step daughter who all think it's mildly amusing that I'm building a Star Wars costume and a wife who grudgingly tolerates it. I was raised on Star Wars and most of my memories as a child somehow revolve around these movies (I remember places we used to live growing up based on what SW action figure I lost there, or what SW toys I got for Christmas that year).

My TB build is going very well. I've put the armor together, I've got the gloves, helmet, and flight suit en route and the soft parts and boots I'm making myself. I'm pretty good with a sewing machine and my next build after the TB will probably be the Imperial Officer (In fact I already have the material I need for the uniform, I've modified the McCalls patterns and I've made the cap, belt and rank bars).

looking forward to trooping with you all!

MTFBWY,
Tim

DarthVa101
10-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Welcome from a fellow noob. I am putting together a TK at the moment. Hopefully we can both be out trooping soon.

~Tate

Daala Girl
10-14-2010, 01:59 AM
Welcome Tim! I will be your squad leader once your approved & I look forward to trooping with you. A brother group of ours is having an armor party this weekend in McKinney if you would like to attend. It's a great chance to meet a few of your North Texas Squad Mates & some of the Mandolorion Mercs that we troop with often. Plus, it a chance to work on your armor as well.

I also have a biker scout so I'm always excited to get another one in the mix. If you need some help just send me a PM.

TK6294
10-17-2010, 01:15 AM
Welcome Tim!
I work in Arlington so if you need a hand some time let me know. Also, i can hook you up with some killer voice amp!

Here is my email

Familyjim72@yahoo.com

Best Regards,
Jim, TK6294

TimB
10-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I'm kicking things into second gear and hope to be all set up and approved by December. If anyone's interested you can find me on facebook here:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1340153703

I'd love to network with other costumers in the area.

Oh, and Daala Girl, I tried to send you a pm but I don't have sufficient privileges to access private messages.

Later,
-Tim

Daala Girl
10-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Here is my email

Kameronearles@aol.com

TrooperTim
10-23-2010, 02:52 AM
From one Tim B to another, hello and welcome.

Biker scouts can be built pretty quick and since you know how to sew, you'll be finished before you know it.

TimB
10-23-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm nearly finished. Besides a few tweaks (like painting some rivets white) I'm just waiting on my bucket to arrive. Hopefully I'll have enough time to mod it and be ready for a trial run on Halloween. I made made my boots (which I am exceptionally proud of) and the cummerbund, flight suit needs a little more attention but I removed all the pockets and zippers. Almost there!

Daala Girl
10-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Great to hear! What kind of helmet did you decide on?

TimB
10-23-2010, 10:56 AM
I was going to go with the KS helmet, but I decided that I can mod a rubies and with the money I saved I made the boots and the cummerbund and bought a resin blaster. Not a bad deal. I'll upgrade to something better than the rubies after the holidays :)