PDA

View Full Version : Greetings again

DarthVa101
09-30-2010, 02:41 AM
Hello all,
Been a bit since I have posted here as I have been busy. Sorry for starting another thread here but my other thread seems to be gone and I dont yet have the ability to see any of the other threads. Anyway, I was wondering if there happen to be any armor parties scheduled or possibly being scheduled in the near future anywhere in the North Texas Squad area ? I would consider hosting one but I would like to attend one first before hosting one so if anyone has one scheduled and/or is in the process of scheduling one and doesnt mind a noob coming by to check things out and possibly getting a little help trying to get my armor assembled I would appreciate it. Thanks.

~Tate

Daala Girl
10-01-2010, 02:02 AM
I haven't heard of any being scheduled.

If you would like to have one you are welcome to do so. Most of us just set a time & day, post it on the boards & tell people if they need to bring anything.(ie: food, drink, etc...) It doesn't have to be an all day thing either. It could be half a day, morning or afternoon. Most people bring the supplies they will need (elastic, glue, tools) but if they are going to need anything they don't have they will usually post asking if anyone has one they can bring. It's really up to you how you want your armor party to go.

DarthVa101
10-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I have considered setting one up but I have a few concerns and would honestly prefer to try to attend one and meet a few people before I were to host one. The 1st concern being that I am a noob here that no one knows really so my thinking is from a point of who would come to some noob's armor party when no one knows me at all other than from a few posts on here and I doubt that many have even read my few posts being they are all in the guest area. Another concern I would have with hosting an armor party would be that since I havent been to one, I am not sure what to expect to go on or anything. Also, since I seem to be a ways away from where most are up here in Keller, I dont know that people would want to trek out here for it and, going back to concern #1, who would come to some noobs armor party that no one knows who I am. I have a few other thoughts and concerns that make me feel that I would rather try to attend one and get to meet a few people before I host one. Anyway, I am all for hosting one at some point, but I just think that it would be better for me to at least meet a few people or attend someone else's armor party before setting one up. Just my thoughts, please feel free to tell me if I am off in my thinking or make recommendations. Thanks.

~Tate

Daala Girl
10-06-2010, 01:04 AM
It's completely up to you. Last year, if I'm not mistaken, we had a newbie who had an armor party & it was up around Keller too. If you don't feel comfortable having one that is just fine, no pressure. I know of at least one other trooper who is needing some time to get his clone armor together but I have no idea if he is planning on having an armor party....in fact, I think he lives in an apartment so it's kinda hard to have one there :-)

DarthVa101
10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
If I know that there will be people that will come then I will reconsider setting one up. If I were to do so, is there a "best" day(s) or time(s) that would make it more likely for people to be able to make it out ? I would likely shoot for a weekday evening from 6 or 7 pm till whenever as I currently work delivering pizzas so I am working most weekends. Otherwise a weekday during the day would work as well as I am home most days during the week. Perhaps a feeler can be posted on the boards that people actually read to find out ? I would also note that my armor is ATA so I would hope to have someone with some ATA familiarity to help out if possible. Anyway, please let me know and perhaps something can be set up to happen in the next week or 2. Thanks.

~Tate

Daala Girl
10-08-2010, 01:21 AM
What is your email address Tate? I'm going to send out an email asking the troops if anyone is familar with ATA armor & ask them to email you. This way, maybe instead of having an armor party, you can make arrangements with someone to just get together & work on it. With your work schedule it will be more difficult to have or go to an armor party. Most of them are on the weekends. ( I work weekends & nights too so I understand how hard it can be to get together with people)

DarthVa101
10-10-2010, 02:32 AM
I can be reached at DarthVa101@aol.com. I appreciate it and yes it is tough with the nights and weekends schedule. The issue is that we only have one car at the moment since my wife had a company car prior to the move but with her promotion and move here to the corporate office, she no longer gets a company car. So, she works during the day and then she gets home and I head out to deliver pizzas in the evening hours. As she is off weekends, that is when I am able to get in more hours so I am working most weekends. We are hoping that we have things caught up enough so we will be able to get back to 2 cars by the new year which will make things so much easier. Anyway, thanks again and feel free to add me up on facebook as well where you can also find me by searching for DarthVa101@aol.com. I look forward to getting my armor done and trooping sometime hopefully soon.

TrooperTim
10-12-2010, 07:01 PM
You sir have an email.

If I didn't live in a cramped apt, I would host one. It only takes a few to have a party.

DarthVa101
10-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Thank you for the help and input so far. It is greatly appreciated.

~Tate