PDA

View Full Version : Hi

DarthVa101
05-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Hi yall,
I am new to the garrison and looking for some communication with members as I am building my TK set prior to joining up. I am fairly surprised that there is nothing here at all for a new recruit to check out or have some type of communication with garrison members prior to actually completing a costume. I am currently residing in Florida and have been signed up on thier garrison boards for a while but am moving to Texas in June so figured I would start getting to know people here ahead of time via the boards. From what I see though, there arent really any boards that I can see where I can do that. So, I will check things out here on occasion and will stick with the Florida boards. I would even throw a suggestion to the administrators and garrisonn leaders to check out the Florida boards to see how they are set up even for non 501st members to have interaction with members prior to completeing a costume and for help while putting a costume together. Sorry if this post is overstepping any lines, I am not trying to upset anyone. I am just surprised at the lack of a place to introduce and start getting to know and get involved with things. Feel free to contact me on this post by replying or pming me or email me at DarthVa101 @aol.com.

Daala Girl
05-18-2010, 04:20 AM
If you have any questions or concerns about your armor, just ask. We all will be more than willing to give you our imput or opinons.

As far as the boards go....well, upgrades cost money and there are always problems when you upgrade. (The admin guys can chime in more on that if they choose.) Anytime we have a new recruit we try to point them in the direction of boards set up or specifically built to help with that particular costume. For example, www.whitearmor.net is set up for Stormtroopers, so if someone signs up on our boards & states they are going to do a TK we tell them to look there for the most help. They have had forums set up for years with these type of discussions & they already have the answers there to most questions so it just seems redundant to have an area here.

I hope that helps a little.....

REDCANINE
05-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi Darthva101! What part of Texas are you moving to? If we know what squad you will fall under, then normally the new member contacts the squad leader of that area and that way they can get in touch with local members to meet & greet and (when time permissable) can attend a local armor "mod" party, to work on costumes, upgrade, etc.

Let us know where you will be located once you move to Texas.

Great to meet you!

:tie:
Bob

DarthVa101
05-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome and I am sorry if I started off on the wrong foot. I understand the cost of forums and all and I had just finished working on a wonderful paper I had to write for school so I wasnt in the best of moods when I posted.

I have been all over the whitearmor.net and reading up on the FISD boards as well as a few other boards and sites. Lots of good stuff out there for resources. I will definately have questions as I go though I am sure.

Redcanine, I will be moving to the Dallas area in mid June. Not 100% sure what part of Dallas area yet as I havent got housing set up yet. I actually fly out there this week on Thursday to spend the weekend looking at houses. The way it looks, we are exploring things in the Keller area. I am sure once I get out there and get set up, I will be wanting to get to at least 1 armor party to get some hands on help setting things up with my suit.

Anyway, look forward to getting involved with yall once I get set. Thanks again.

Daala Girl
05-19-2010, 01:53 AM
I will be your squad leader & my husband is the CO. We live in the Dallas area but we will be going out of town this weekend. If you will be here all weekend we have an event on Saturday that you could probably swing by & meet several people. It's a big event, we will have about 10 troops at it.

DarthVa101
05-19-2010, 05:16 PM
I would love to swing by if I have time but not sure I will be able to since I will be house hunting as the goal of my trip. I pretty much have to line up living quarters this weekend. If I do have time though I will make an attempt to swing by. Is this the event that is at Texas Motor Speedway ?

DarthVa101
(soon to be TK 3199)

PS - Got a big box full of white plastic on my doorstep this afternoon !! WOO HOO !! Sadly though, it will be sitting inside the box until sometime next week since I fly out to Dallas Thursday and back here to Florida on Monday. After that though, the real fun begins.

Daala Girl
05-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Yes, the Children's Cancer Walk is the event this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. Good luck on the house hunt. If you come to the event I'm sure most to the guys could help point you in the right direction.

DarthVa101
05-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Well, I am back at home in Florida after my trip out to Dallas for the weekend. Wasnt able to fit in the time to swing by the troop on Saturday but I am sure that once I am out there I will have many opportunities to meet up with everyone. I was able to line up a house on my trip which was the whole point of the trip. I will be moving to Keller as of June 21st. I look forward to meeting and trooping with yall once I am out there.

DarthVa101
(soon to be TK-3199)

ps - Is there a large number of members of the Star Garrison that will be heading to CV in August ?

DarthVa101
06-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey yall,
Just wanting to ask, one of the few small things I still need for my TK is the canvas belt. I was wondering if there is anyone in the garrison that makes them or can make one. I would pay obviously fair price for it. Please let me know or PM me or drop me an email at DarthVa101@aol.com. Thanks.

~DarthVa101

ps - I need to get a holster still as well if anyone makes those in garrison as well. Thanks.

TK6294
06-10-2010, 10:18 PM
My wife sewed up two for my TK and TX. She would be willing to help. Send me an email and we will see if we can work something out. Won't be too expensive.

Oh, i can help you with electronics...Big Time!

Best Regards,
Jim, TK6294
familyjim72@yahoo.com

Gizka
06-11-2010, 11:08 AM
ps - Is there a large number of members of the Star Garrison that will be heading to CV in August ?

There are probably at least 7 or 8 of us from the STX squad going to CV. We should try and find a time/place to meet, so you'll at least have a few contacts when you get here. :)

Berbs42
06-12-2010, 11:15 AM
You will love Jim's electronics!! (and you can find them over at the FISD boards - assume you can get them here to but I only have access to the guest area). I got one of his amps, the wireless transmitter, and his PushToTalk cable. And it all worked wonderfully for my first troop last weekend!! Wish I could make it out to CV, but most of our funds went to getting married at DisneyWorld this March, so we'll have to hold off before we do another trip to Florida. Have a blast!!!

P.S. Any way anyone could pick up a set of Han & Leia CV shirts for us?? I don't know if asking that is frowned upon...

DarthVa101
06-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Spoke with Jim via email, thank you a ton. As for CV, I actually live in the Orlando area and have been here for 15 years so if anyone is going and wants some info, let me know. I was really looking forward to CV because I would not have to pay travel, hotel, transportation costs that I have for CIII and CIV. Now I will be flying back to attend CV but I am going to be staying at a friend's house for the week(and maybe using his car too).

As I am working on my TK armor while going to school, and moving, and regular daily life with my wife and 4 kids, I would love to get some tips, advice, help and get to or have an armor party once I get out to Texas. If there are any scheduled in the Dallas area in the next few weeks, please let me know. I officially will be out there next week on Mon or Tuesday(21st or 22nd). I may even look at hosting one once I get set out there.

Anyway, thanks again and I hope to be trooping with yall soon.

~Tate (DarthVa101)
Soon to be TK-3199

ps - anyone that would like things from CV, let me know and I will see if we can work it out.

locokarma
06-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Hope to see you @ CV!

TK6294
06-14-2010, 08:58 PM
I might take you up on the CV merchandise. I do have someone picking up my TK back pack buddy though. I also might want of the SW Disney shirts if you go to the parks at all. If not it is no biggie..

Daala Girl
06-15-2010, 09:27 PM
We have the Dorkside Comedy event in Arlington on 6/24, Concert in the Gardens in Ft.Worth on 6/25 & the Lochwood Library event on 6/26.

In July we have 6 events so far & for August we have 4.

DarthVa101
06-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Hey yall, I am now officially here in Texas. I got moved in this weekend and hope to get back to work on my TK this week. If there are any armor parties that will be happening, please let me know as I would love to try to come by and see what other people have going with thier armor and possibly get some help with mine. I am behind where I wanted to be on my build because I was focusing on the move. I may also try to swing by any events that may be going on next weekend. Anyway, wanted to leave an update and let yall know that I am here now. Thanks.

Daala Girl
06-28-2010, 10:57 PM
I don't know of any armor parties going on but if you need or want some help getting your amor put together just set a date, post it on here & I'm sure we can get some folks to come over & help you get it done.

DarthVa101
07-06-2010, 02:52 AM
Hey yall,
I believe you have a trooping event this weekend for the Taste of Dallas. Can I get some more information on this event ? I am looking at swinging by if I can and would like some info on when and where yall will be and who may be there that I can meet up with possibly. Thanks.

TrooperTim
07-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Hope I'm not too far out of command bounds here...

Taste of Dallas does cost $5 for admission + parking, or you can take DART. So if you want to go for the food and meet, then it's a win win. If you like free things (which is my style) then probably a Library event, as my awesome squad leader mentioned, or a parade is good.

Like I said in my email, FISD build thread! But I'm sure there's other troopers closer to you than I am that may be able to help you in person.

DarthVa101
08-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Hey yall,
I have been absent from here for a bit as I have been busy with a number of things. I also have not had time to work on my armor at all recently so I am way behind on getting it done. However, Next week I am off to Orlando for Celebration V and would love to try to meet up with anyone that is headed out that way. I will be doing some volunteering for Official Pix while there on Friday and Sunday morning shifts so if you are there and around the autograph hall, feel free to stop by and say hi. I will also be in attendance at the 501st party on Friday night so anyone attending that perhaps we can meet up. Otherwise, I will just be running around checking things out. No set panels or anything that I will be attending yet as this is my 3rd celebration I have decided with my friend I will be attending with that we are gonna play alot of it by ear. Anyway, if you are going, let me know if you want to try to meet up at all. Hope to see some of you there and I also hope to be a true part of the 501st sometime soon.

~DarthVa101
(Tate)

Daala Girl
08-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Hope you have a great time at CV....wish I could go :-(

DarthVa101
08-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks, I am sure it will be a great time. I have also been told by my good friend in the Canadian Garrison that was pushing me to finally break down and get some armor to bring my armor to CV with me even though it is not complete. So, from the looks and sounds of it, if I can make that happen, I will be doing my 1st troop at CV. If that is the case, I may be ready to start trooping with yall once I get back as well. Now I just need to figure out how to get my armor and supplies to Orlando with me. :-D

TrooperTim
08-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Some ship their armor UPS or FedEx Ground to their hotel. Some fly it over. If you fly it, make sure the container size is approved for air travel and the armor is safely secured inside (place towels/packing material).

If you can get everything assembled and go out in your gear, have a spotter with you. You never know what will fall off.

Have fun! I can't make it out this year but it did give me a reason to spend the money I was going to at CV, on getting clone armor. :trooper: